Beckie of Beckie’s Mental Mess
has given her weekly Prompt post;
Week #10’s Topic comes from Michelle (Tigerchelle78) of, “Borderline and Beyond” If you haven’t read Michelle’s bog, please make a point in doing so. I admire her courage and strength and she brought up a great topic for this week.
Week #10 Topic: Social Media Affects
Prompt #1 Questions: (If certain questions do not apply, just write n/a).
1. Does social media affect your overall mental health? If so, please describe how it does affect you?
Not now. Initially when I joined Facebook ten years ago and connected with my friends from school it would bother me if they didn’t respond to a comment or were unkind. Then gradually I was over it and now I am rarely on Facebook anymore.
2. How does it make you feel when you see family/friends posting pictures of them living their life happily?
It makes me happy for them but not envious. I am happy seeing them happy. What one sees on the social media is not the absolute truth!
3. Do the following people make you feel inadequate in any way due to your mental health?
4. What has been your overall experience with social media? And, what sites do you follow?
I am on Facebook, Twitter and instagram. But I rarely use them. I made separate account for my blog but I only share my blog posts there and don’t visit these sites much.
5. Have you considered not being on social media?
6. If you have quit social media sites, has it improved your mental health and stability?
Using them less has has made life more serene. One can avoid the pointless discussions and controversies.
7. Has social media ever triggered you in a negative way? Explain how?
Prompt #2 We are all familiar with “Selfies” Describe for us, what is the first thing you think of when you see your family/friends keep sending and/or posting selfies?
Frankly, I find it a bit silly and childish when someone is posting Snapchat and selfies all the time on social media or are sharing them with me. Not to be judgmental but I won’t do that ever. There are some occasions which call for a selfie but not all day, everyday!
• Write your own post and create a pingback to the original post here.
• There are no right or wrong answers. Write in any format you see fit. (Answer’s, fiction, non-fiction, poetry, poem, short prose…anything).
• You can do one or all prompts.
• You have from August 7th. through to August 13th. to submit your entries.
• Please reblog the original post in order to spread more awareness.
• ( If you the blogger have a suggestion/question you want to ask in the future weeks, please submit them in the comment section of this post).
• Let’s see if we can get some men involved in this weeks prompts, your viewpoint/feelings are validated here too!
• Plus, as an added bonus, whoever responds to the following prompts will automatically be reblogged to promote your blog site!
Remember to create a pingback to this original post after you write your own post. Also, you can choose one or all the prompts. I really look forward to your responses. Or, maybe I should say “We” all look forward to one another’s responses.
In response to;
Beckie’s Mental Mess
Working on Us