Beckie of Beckie’s Mental Mess has asked about sleep disorders and insomnia this week.
This week I thought we touch base on Sleep Disorders. This can range anywhere between Insomnia, PTSD, Sleep Apnea, Intrusive Thoughts, etc… We will start off with a few questions then a photo prompt.
Prompt #1 Questions:
Have you, or do you suffer from sleep disorders?
I suffer from insomnia off and on. It is always due to my own negligence that I end up staying awake till morning at times. It is triggered due to over-thinking, too much caffeine and eating too late in the evening.
Have you sought treatment for your sleep disorders?
No. I haven’t gone to a doctor for this. As I don’t think I need medication for it.
Have you ever had a sleep study on you, and if so, what was recommended?
Has your doctor prescribed medication for your sleep disorder, if so, what has worked for you?
There was a lady at GNC who recommended Melatonin. But it didn’t work for me.
Have you ever tried home remedies to alleviate your sleep disorders?
I have tried taking a hot shower before sleeping and that helps because I suffer from restless leg syndrome too. Cutting the intake of coffee and caffeinated drinks helps too. At times a glass of milk can work too. But I think that is the case when I cannot go to sleep because I am feeling hungry.
What’s the longest amount of time you went without sleep?
Once while I was traveling, 23 hours. There have been many sleepless nights but then I catch up during the day.
Prompt #2 Picture Prompt:
Alert and aware
Oh how I wish my mind would switch off
Give me a moment to relax and dose off
All the worries and the problems of life
Come crowding at me during the night
What I would not give for a few hours
Of blissful sleep, uninterrupted, just one night!
- Write your own post and create a pingback to the original post here.
- There are no right or wrong answers. Write in any format you see fit. (Answer’s, fiction, non-fiction, poetry, poem, short prose…anything).
- You can do one or all prompts.
You have from August 28th. through to September 3rd. to submit your entries.
- Please reblog the original post in order to spread more awareness.
- ( If you the blogger have a suggestion/question you want to ask in the future weeks, please submit them in the comment section of this post).
- Let’s see if we can get some men involved in this weeks prompts, your viewpoint/feelings are validated here too!
- Plus, as an added bonus, whoever responds to the following prompts will automatically be reblogged to promote your blog site and spread more awareness!
Remember to create a pingback to this original post after you write your own post. Also, you can choose one or all the prompts. I really look forward to your responses. Or, maybe I should say “We” all look forward to one another’s responses.
Thank you in advance to all the participants, we all appreciate your time and your stories that you share here!
Take Care & God Bless!
In response to;
Working on us- Sleep disorders and insomnia