Here are the rules:
1. Your post must be stream of consciousness writing, meaning no editing (typos can be fixed), and minimal planning on what you’re going to write.
2. Your post can be as long or as short as you want it to be. One sentence – one thousand words. Fact, fiction, poetry – it doesn’t matter. Just let the words carry you along until you’re ready to stop.
3. I will post the prompt here on my blog every Friday, along with a reminder for you to join in. The prompt will be one random thing, but it will not be a subject. For instance, I will not say “Write about dogs”; the prompt will be more like, “Make your first sentence a question,” “Begin with the word ‘The,’” or will simply be a single word to get you started.
4. Ping back! It’s important, so that I and other people can come and read your post! For example, in your post you can write “This post is part of SoCS:” and then copy and paste the URL found in your address bar at the top of this post into yours. Your link will show up in my comments for everyone to see. The most recent pingbacks will be found at the top. NOTE: Pingbacks only work from WordPress sites. If you’re self-hosted or are participating from another host, such as Blogger, please leave a link to your post in the comments below.
5. Read at least one other person’s blog who has linked back their post. Even better, read all of them! If you’re the first person to link back, you can check back later or go to the previous week by following my category, “Stream of Consciousness Saturday,” which you’ll find below the “Like” button on my post.
6. Copy and paste the rules (if you’d like to) in your post. The more people who join in, the more new bloggers you’ll meet and the bigger your community will get!
7. As a suggestion, tag your post “SoCS” and/or “#SoCS” for more exposure and more views.
8. Have fun!
Your Friday prompt for Stream of Consciousness Saturday is “affirm.” Either ask someone for a prompt word or, if you can’t, turn on a TV or a radio and choose a word from the first sentence you hear. Enjoy!
I am a bit confused. Should I write about affirm or ask someone for a prompt! In affirmation of the prompt that I got from my daughter sitting next to me , watching a lego movie was spin, I can write a post giving it a spin to fit in with both the prompts.
The need to affirm or agree,
Maybe fall in with the wishes
Or feelings of someone next to me
Can I do that with a clear conscience
Or do I need to pull the wool over the eyes
Of my inner self, maybe taking it for a ride
Or putting my own spin on it, whatever will
Suit the purpose of writing, can it be done
Or more importantly, should it be done
Do we agree just to agree, or do we genuinely
Feel that our thinking is of the same ilk
Can I re-affirm or would it be better to deny
Sorry, but I don’t agree with this though
That you want me to endorse!