Melanie of Sparks from a Combustible Mind
Dang! July is here already. It’s about 68 degrees today too, which is on the chilly side. I’ve never experienced a cold/cool July before, but it’s rather pleasant. On to Share Your World! In the United States of America a bigholiday is coming up on the 4th. Our nation’s Independence Day. That’s why the different banner this week!
I will post four or five different questions each week for you to answer. There are two ways which you can participate.
- Create a SYW post. Then post the link to your blog in my comment box or leave your answers in the comments box of my blog.
- To make it easy for others to check out your post, title your blog post “Share Your World” and link it to this post.
- Remember to Follow My Blog to get your weekly reminders.
- Ping-backs are activated, but how efficiently varies. For instructions on how ping-backs work, in case you weren’t certain, please click here. You may wish to leave a link to your blog post in the comments just to be sure. Thanks!
- There are sometimes two sets of questions…one with images and one without (same questions). This is for ease of copy and pasting.
Would (or do) you stop to help (presumably) stranded folks by the side of the road?
I used to offer help if it was a woman or a girl. But my family has drummed into me that this is not wise. Now I offer to help if there is someone with me in the car. Safety measure!
Do you think the world is less mannerly today than in past times OR are we just more touchy and manners are as they’ve always been?
A bit of both. We notice things mor, a concept of politically correct has crept in. Something we used to do have been deemed not ” correct” behavior. And the young crowd have mostly left the concept of ” good manners ” in the past. It always comes as a pleasant surprise when they would step aside so that you can pass or open a door for you. Thank yous and please are not altogether absolute but getting rare!
What happens if you’re scared half to death, TWICE?
Probably I will be three quarters dead. Not completely because that would be plain. Murder!
If ALL the world’s a stage, where does the audience sit?
Well we all are up there on the stage performing our parts. It is a real neat trick if one can extract oneself from this stage and step in the spectators gallery and look at life from outside. It really liberates you.
(There is a further question…the gratitude question, below the graphic. Sorry folks!)
Share your thankful comments here. It’s a gorgeous day most places, so celebrate!
I am enjoying my time with my daughter and grandson and since the school is finally out, we are going to trips around Seattle. On Friday had a wonderful trip to Mount Rainier.
A view of the peak from Paradise Camp.
In response to;
Share Your World July 1-2019