Sharing this post as a part of Fandango Friday Flashback
Beckie is the host of Working on Us.
Hello, All! Welcome back to “Working on Us” – A series that represents people with mental health illnesses/disorders.
Help Break The Stigma Surrounding Mental Health
In this week’s “Working on Us”, I’d like for us to focus on Mental Health and Holiday Stress. It’s not uncommon that a number of us are dealing with depression, (SAD), Seasonal Affective Disorders, Anxiety, Social Anxiety, and just plain… Not being in the holiday spirit.
Some of us are dealing with feelings of despair, loneliness, and/or isolation. Guess what? You’re not alone with feeling what your feeling at all. And, as we all say… “It’s okay to not feel okay.”
For those of us who are having a tough time, why don’t we try to send a little holiday cheer to make one another smile and laugh?
- Write about a favorite holiday memory?
- What was one of the funniest things that took place during the holiday season?
- Share with us, your favorite holiday movie?
- Share with us, your favorite holiday song?
- Share with us, a funny holiday meme?
- What was the funniest gift you ever received?
- Write your own post and create a pingback to the original post here.
- There are no right or wrong answers. Write in any format you see fit. (Answer’s, fiction, non-fiction, poetry, poem, short prose…anything, and/or narrative).
- You can do one or all prompts.
- Please reblog the original post in order to spread more awareness.
- ( If you the blogger have a suggestion/question you want to ask in the future weeks, please submit them in the comment section of this post).
- Plus, as an added bonus, whoever responds to the following prompts will automatically be reblogged to promote your blog site and spread more awareness!
My favorite holiday memories;
This holiday memory dated back to my childhood. That means it’s around fifty years old.
In holidays we visited my aunt who lived in a seaside city. We were very excited as we were going by train. It was the most wonderful journey for children of our age, that is; 10, 8 and 7 and we enjoyed it to the fullest. We spend a night on the train and had a lot of fun.
Once at my aunt’s place, we visited the ocean for the first time in our lives. And you can imagine how excited we were. The boat rides, the beach visits all were so memorable!
My favorite holiday movie;
Is not a holiday movie at all. I love all animated movies and anyone of them would be my favorite during holiday season.
Kung Fu Panda – 3
Hope you all will enjoy!