I think that there are two factors controlling our lives.
• Our own actions and decisions;
Most of what happens to us is a result of what we do and how we do it.
• Like step off the pavement in oncoming traffic and you’ll likely be hit with a moving vehicle.
• Work hard in school and you get good grades.
• Eat too much junk food and you will end up overweight or with health problems.
• Make stupid choices about voting and end up with a president like Trump.
And so on and so forth……
• External circumstances;
It’s the set of circumstances that bears a direct impact upon our lives.
• Where we are born.
• The set of genetic material we have inherited.
• The opportunities we are given in life.
• Those unique factors which are a result of the why, the when, and the how, all coming together to make our particular lives different from anyone else’s.
Both of these factors determine what happens and also what happens next.
So in short, some things are in our hands and others aren’t. There is no way we can control everything aspect of our lives. So we do what we can and hope for the best.