Dr. Tanya is the host of Blogging Insights
The comments feature is one of my favourite aspects of blogging. I love interacting with readers and writers. Being only human, I have at times left comments like “Good one”, “Great Post,” or “Loved This”. It is the longer, “meaningful: comments that are the subject of today’s discussion.
Do you think that comments add value to a blog post? If so, how?
There are some bloggers who have turned off the comments option permanently on their blogs. When I visit their blogs, I wonder why don’t they want others to interact with them and give feedback about their posts/ poems, etc?
I value the comment section on my blog a lot. For me, it is the best part of writing a blog.
There are many ways how comments on our posts add value to the whole blogging experience;
• Instant feedback is given when someone reads your posts and lets you know what they think of it.
• Some people helpfully point out the errors in my posts so that I can correct my blunders and omissions.
• Building great community relationships with other bloggers; It creates a sense of camaraderie and friendship when we interact with our fellow bloggers in the comments section of our own and their blogs.
• Dissenting opinions and discussions about some topics help to broaden our point of view.
• It’s a sure sign that the one commenting has read the post. Even simple one word comments can boost up morale.
• We can touch base with those bloggers who are not being active in the blogosphere. Ask about their health or other issues they may be facing.
These are the ways, in my opinion, that adds value to blogging. Thanks to Tanya for continuing this discussion.