Book/Film Five – there are two more to go!)
Roger’s Magical, Mystical Questions
• What happened to cause you to discover ‘bullies” were real?
Fortunately, I was never bullied in school. It was when my kids were bullied that this problem came into my focus. As a parent, I did all I could, including taking to the school admin, and their teachers. But they needed their own courage to face the bullies which the managed to do so.
• Eavesdropping- When given the chance, how often do you eavesdrop? (this may be a similar question to what some folks said they’d do with an invisibility cloak)
As a kid, we thought it was great fun to “listen in” on grown-up’s conversations. But I soon realized that eavesdropping came with a price tag. As an adult, I try to avoid it completely.
• Escalators, at one time, were the ‘next big thing’. When was the last time you rode an escalator?
Just the other day when I visited a mall. It’s a very common thing in my city and most bigger malls have them. I usually don’t have the patience to just stand so I am either moving up or down at my pace.
• Have you ever ‘let’ someone win in a sports competition or a board game? How did it turn out?
My kids, when they were learning to play different games. And my grandson when I was teaching him chess. It boosts their morale and it’s more likely that it would keep their interest alive in learning that game.
Melanie’s Muggle Questions
I’m very short on time today (Sunday) so I’m borrowing from Rory and Sandmanjazz to fill the questions today:
• Do our fears start with our DNA? (Credit to Rory)
Some fears are genetic like phobias. Others are learned. Sometimes the parents teach their children to fear things which they carry all through their lives.
• If you could have your hair any colour for 24 hours, what colour would you choose? (Credit to Sandmanjazz)
Bright red or maybe magenta. And I wouldn’t mind having them for a few weeks. I love experimenting with my hair color!
• When do you think a person gets old? (Credit to Rory)
When they think they are old. There are younger people who think themselves old and older ones who think they are young. It’s all in the mind you see.
GRATITUDE SECTION (as always this is optional)
Please feel free to write about an uplifting moment in your life this week!
Had a good week weather-wise. The temps are cooling down and the rainy season is almost at its end. Met a few friends this week too after more than six months!