Gary of a bereaved single dad posted this a couple of days ago. I thought I would follow suit.
Ok, let’s have a stab at this. What are the five things which have surprised me about the Pandemic.
• Despite the normal peeve about staying at home and gaining weight, I lost weight. I took longer walks and thanks to Amazon, had a supply of health bars that I substituted for lunch.
• Saved a bunch of money. No shopping in the lockdown meant no frivolous spending on clothes, makeup, or accessories.
• Didn’t even get the cold. Avoiding people and always wearing a mask when I went out for a walk outside, saved us all from catching even the common sniffles.
• Wearing no makeup for months meant no annoying pimples or any other skin problems.
• I developed real great camaraderie with my 10-year-old grandson as we spend a lot of time together, walking and talking.
As they say, every cloud has a silver lining, so while this pandemic can never be classed as a good thing, it did have a few unexpected advantages.