Deb Whitman is the host of 42 Words
Now this is one broad theme, you can go in so many directions its isn’t funny but for those who might be perplexed the official definition of a dame is as follows:
1. The official title of a female member of the Order of the British Empire, equivalent to that of a knight.
2. The official title of the wife of a knight or baronet.
3. A form of address to any woman of rank or authority.
4. A matronly woman of advanced age; matron.
5. A term used to refer to a woman:Some dame cut me off and almost caused an accident.
6. Ecclesiastical. a title of a nun in certain orders.
7. A mistress of a dame-school.
Hey, do I look old to you?
Don’t call me ma’am or dame!
I maybe matronly and a bit on the shady side of fifty but I strongly object to the title you’ve conferred on me.
And you’re no spring chicken yourself!