Saumya posted this very interesting and thought provoking post;
5 things to let go
5 Things to hold on
I told her that I will do a similar post of my own and link it back to hers. If any of you are interested, this is an introspective exercise and is going to make you take stock of your life!
So here goes;
5 Things I want to let go off:
• The desire to make everyone happy, specially with me. The constant need to seek approval and validation from my loved ones has decreased a lot but due to some inherent flaw in my personality, it lingers on. I would like to get rid of it completely.
• The need to plan everything in advance. I would like to be more spontaneous and live in the moment kind of person. I guess I need to work on it.
• I want to let go of all the extra weight I have accumulated over the last 35 or so years. I am working on it and know that it is next to impossible to get to my ideal weight but still I would like my BMI to be in the average range as opposed to obese range!
• To get rid of the tendency of being overly sensitive and easily hurt. This I think should have been the number one on this list. Working on a thicker skin takes a lot of effort.
• Get rid of the laziness and be more proactive. Do things before I absolutely must. This is a tough one. But as I said I would like to.
5 Things I would hold on to;
• My optimism. This is my greatest asset and I want to hold on to it firmly, with both hands.
• Habit of walking daily and doing 6-7 miles a day. I am afraid that when things go back to “normal”, I may not find time for this much walking.
• My Blogging. A real sanity saver in these stressful days. I love interacting with my blogging friends and learn so much from them daily.
• Music. Listening to music while I am walking, thinking or feeling stressed is one of my favorite things to do specially nowadays.
• Being health conscious. This again is vital for my wellbeing and as I am growing old I need to look after my health, for I don’t want to be dependent upon my family.