has nominated for my 14th Sunshine Blogger Award.
Tanya has a wonderful blog. A diverse blog with many informative topics. Please go check it out. Thank you so much Tanya for bestowing this honor on my blog.
What is the Sunshine Blogger Award?
“The Blogosphere community holds several awards that bloggers use to nominate a blog in appreciation for its creative, inspiring, or motivational content.”
“The award also helps other bloggers receive recognition and free exposure for their blogs.”
There are some basic rules to follow if you decide to participate:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and link their blog so everyone can visit.
- Answer the 11 questions asked by the blogger who nominated you.
- Nominate 11 other bloggers and ask them 11 new questions.
- Notify the nominees by commenting on their blog post.
- List the rules and display the Award logo on your blog post.
Tanya’s Questions for the Nominees of this Award
1. How old is your blog now?
My blog is going to be one year old in a few weeks. It is because of Tanya that I started blogging in the first instance. So the credit for my blog goes to her.
2. What do you enjoy most about blogging?
Being the sort of person who can talk about my pet topics for hours on end, blogging has given me the perfect opportunity to say whatever I want to say. Surprisingly I didn’t felt shy, even when I wrote my first ever poem and posted it on my blog. Or my very first story. I never felt that I would be ridiculed or people won’t like my writing. I guess that is the most liberating experience.
3. How important do you think Social Media is for the success of a blog?
People ( experts) say that you should advertise your blog on social media sites like Twitter or Facebook. But I don’t think that it is all that important for the popularity of your blog. The content and regularity is more important.
4. How would you define a sucessful blog? In other words, what do think a successfu blog looks like?
For me the most successful blog is the one the blogger enjoys writing and their follower enjoys reading. That is the basic aim of blogging and if you want to measure the success in terms of followers or money made, then there will always be blogs who have many more followers or are making more money.
5. Describe your feelings when you received your first blogging award nomination.
Incredible! I couldn’t believe that someone thought me or my blog, deserving of an award.
6. Have you ever thought about monetizing your blog ?
I have Word-ads on my blog but am thinking of discontinuing them. They just take up space on my site and the money earned is just not worth it.
7. If so, what do you think is the best method of monetizing?
I think the best way to make money is through affiliated links. But I have no idea how it is done.
8. What kind of post fo you find easiest or most enjoyable to write?
Sometimes I enjoy combining a few prompts into a post, at others I like writing about the blogging process itself. It depends upon how I am feeling that day!
9. What is your opinion about writing prompts?
I like the prompts. I admire people who give us the Prompt words day after day. It take s lot of work and thought for doing it.
10. Funny/Weird Question: if you were a superhero, what superpower would you like to have and what would you do with it?
I would like to be Superman and Superwoman rolled into one. Or rather I think Captain Marvel will do. She is supposedly the most powerful hero out there.
11. What is your favourite way to unwind after a hectic day ?
Blogging, or reading. Or maybe relax in front of tv with my feet up. Depends on the sort of the day I’ve had.
Thanks a lot Tanya for this honor, once again.
I am asking anyone who is interested in answering the questions posed by Tanya to give it a shot.
Sorry for not posting new questions of my own but the ones Tanya has asked are very interesting and relevant.
No nomination this time around. The field is open, so anyone reading this, consider yourself nominated.
Thanks for reading!