Carol of Chopkins has very kindly nominated me for this award. Thank you so much Carol. She has a wonderful blog and she writes lovely posts. Very heartfelt and touching.
• Thank the nominator, and publish a post on your blog about receiving the Blogger Recognition Award. Make sure to provide a link to the nominator’s blog in your post.
• Give a brief story of how your blog started.
• Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers.
• Nominate 10-15 other bloggers for this award, and inform them of their nomination.
I have written about how I started my blog many times. So this time I want to tell you why I write, after starting my blog on a whim. ( you can read about it Here ).
Writing gives me something which I had not imagined it could. It gives an outlet to my feelings and ideas. It enables me to express what resides in the depth of my soul. I feel free to say and write what I want. I am obviously careful not to give offense but the freedom of expression is a powerful thing. I try to use my posts to create awareness among my readers. It is an excellent meeting place. I have made a lot of great friends here. I have gained confidence and my writing skills have improved a lot ( even if I say so myself!). So, in short, blogging is great!
1. Be honest. If there is something you don’t know, don’t write about it. On unknown territory, research your subjects and then write. People can discern when they are being given false information.
2. Be generous. Read other blogs. Give genuine comments and give time to getting to know your fellow bloggers. It takes time and effort to get to know people around you. If you are generous with your time, others will reciprocate too.
After much deliberation I have decided to award the nomination to five outstanding bloggers. Hope you will have enough time at hand to respond to it. Because I believe that these inter-blogger exchanges built up the community spirit.
Thanks for reading.