Doing the daily, weekly and monthly is a good way to grow, as a writer?
It is a debate I have with myself.
Write short stories, poems or creative posts on one prompt or multiple prompts!
Should I do this or should I stick to what I had planned to write when I started my blog? That may not appear as a very complex decision but it perplexes me. It has me thinking about the quality of blog posts I am publishing every day.
1. You are never short of ideas. Some kindly blog writer thinks and post a daily prompt for our inspiration. We just take up that word or phrase and write about it. The take half the effort out of creating a blog post.
2. It sets the tone for the day. Many days, I feel my posts are carrying the same themed posts.
3. It makes for a variety in your daily posts because the inspiration is coming from some one else’s mind, you escape the monotony that can come from ideas created by one brain, day in and day out.
4. It gives you an excellent excuse to write about some subject totally unrelated to the basic theme of your blog. These prompts can also take you mind to areas of literature where you haven’t gone before. Like writing in different genres. Without these prompts, I would never would have written a horror, sci-fi or a love story. I might never have written a poem!
5. Picture prompts deserve an extra point as they work on your imagination in a totally different way. The actually represent a story and you can see it in your mind how this story will start, and finish. I find pictures very conducive to thinking. In fact if I cannot find anything to write about a word or a phrase, I pick out a picture from the internet and that makes it easy for me to tell my story or write the poem.
1. You can end up posting too many times a day, overburdening yourself and your reader.
2. You can loose your original aim of starting the blog in the first place. This can be a bad thing if you have specific goals in mind regarding your blog. But it can also give you new direction for the future of your blog.
So what do you think is the way to go? Prompts daily, weekly or monthly? Or none?
Waiting for your feedback and comments;