A couple of days ago , DrTanya@ Salted Caramel nominated me for the Liebester Award. I am deeply honored for this nomination. The acceptance and love shown to me here, in the blogging community, is very encouraging to new bloggers like me.
First of all, what is Liebester Award?
It is said that this award is created to discover and encourage new bloggers to the blogosphere. Liebester is a word of German language, meaning Beloved, Dear, Sweet etc. In short, a term of endearment. Showing love and kindness to the newcomers. So in a way , it’s a welcome gesture for the people new to the blogging world. Such a kind thought and gesture.
What are the rules of Liebester Award:
1. Acknowledge the blogger that gave it to you and display the award.
2. Answer 11 questions that the blogger gives you.
3. Give 11 random thoughts about yourself.
4. Nominate 11 blogs and notify them of their nomination.
5. Give these blogs 11 questions to answer
Thanks a lot Dr Tanya @Salted Caramel. I appreciate the award, the opportunity to answer your questions and to tell my readers some things about myself.
11 Random thoughts about myself:
1. I am an avid reader. As a teenager I had read All the book at home, including very old poetry books too. I inherited this love of reading from my father and grandfather.
2. As a kid and later on as a young adult, I loved to make things with my hands, stitching, knitting, painting and other DIY projects.
3. I am a pacifist. I hate arguments, misunderstandings and fights. As a kid, I would play the role of the peacemaker in the home.
4. I have three brothers, and used to be a tomboy. I would play with my brothers, and used to tag along with them on their outings. I loved cycling and target shooting.
5. I love organizing: be it events with friends, family or community. Some people have called me bossy too.
6. I love watching movies, mostly all types, but I can’t stand horror movies.
7. There are very few days when I don’t eat chocolate, specially dark chocolate. My favorite is Intense orange, by Lindt.
8. I love spending time with friends and family. But I am also happy by myself. I can entertain myself for hours.
9. I love playing games on my phone, iPad, laptop etc. I am very fond of games, but not the violent games. I mostly play mental games, to exercise my mind and to keep it from degeneration. But my phone battery is giving up fast!
10. I am very bad at remembering names and faces. It makes for a lot of socially embarrassing situations.
11. I always try to find a silver lining in any unpleasant situation. An optimist by nature, but I take life too seriously sometimes.
11 Questions put to me by Tanya @Salted Caramel:
1. What is your biggest pet peeve?
I am always irritated by people who don’t follow rules and try to break in the queue.
2. Where did you get your name?
I got the name of my blog from the thought that women over 50, sometimes give up on the desire to enjoy life to the full. Hence “Keep it alive”. That is, the spirit of enjoying life.
3. If you could change your name, what would it be?
I like my name as it is, but if I could then maybe I would have gone for some smaller and zippier version of it like , living life!
4. What was your favorite TV show as a kid?
I loved to watch Tom and Jerry, the cartoons, as a kid.
5. Do you have any weird habits?
Sometimes I can’t go to sleep at night ( too much coffee or Coke Zero), so I get up and start walking in the house. After walking for about an hour, I get sleepy enough to go back to bed.
6. Do you like fall scents /Tastes?
I love the fall flavors! Cinnamon dolce latte, pumpkin spice latte…. you can see where I am going!
7. What is your favorite holiday and why?
I love spring break. The weather is great and kids have time off from school. There is no crazy jam at the airports in spring.
8. Do you prefer writing it down or typing it up?
I usually type when I am blogging. Writing takes longer for me and is messier. Even shopping lists are typed on my phone!
9. Netflix or cable?
Netflix, hands down. I can’t remember schedules of regular programs so I prefer to watch at my own convenience.
10. If money didn’t matter, what would you do with your life?
If money was no problem, then I would travel and see the places I have wanted to visit. Or maybe a grand world tour?
11. What is your favorite thing about yourself?
I try to be as honest as I can. Sometimes, one has to bend the truth a little so as not to hurt others but as a I policy, I tell the truth.
So my questions are the same as those that were asked from me ( Sorry if it sounds as if I am not making an effort. But i found the questions very interesting! )