I am deeply honored to be nominated for “The Sunshine Blogger Award” by Crushed caramel. Thank you so much. Ireally appreciate this award as it is a big boost to my morale. Nothing is more encouraging than recognition.
Here are the rules for this award:
- Thank the person who nominated you and provide a link back to their blog so others can find them.
- Answer the 11 questions asked by the blogger who nominated you.
- Nominate 11 other bloggers and ask them 11 new questions.
- Notify the nominees about it by commenting on one of their blog posts.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo on your post and/or your blog site.
Thank you Crushed Caramel for nominating me! I am so grateful. I have posted her link below. Check out her posts. She is a wonderful writer.
Here are questions by Crushed Caramel:
1. DO YOU EVER FEEL DISCOURAGED ABOUT BLOGGING? WHAT DO YOU DO TO KEEP YOURSELF MOTIVATED?
No, I have never felt discouraged about blogging. I have received tremendous amount of encouragement from my blogging family and my friends. Thanks a lot for being my support, all of you! I am motivated by reading all the amazing stuff posted by all the people who I follow. Also my experiences in life have provided me with the motivation to write. My aim is to provide a positive view on life. To rekindle hope and enthusiasm for life.
2. WHAT IS YOUR OWN FAVOURITE POST FROM YOUR SITE OR THE ONE YOU WOULD RECOMMEND READERS CHECK OUT FIRST?
I would say that my favorite post was the one I wrote in answer to #FOWC, Stretch. I have gotten many encouraging comments and likes on it. Another post that I wrote about my grandson is also very dear to my heart, as he is! I love him.
3. DO YOU ENJOY CAMPING OUT IN THE GREAT OUTDOORS?
Nopes! I enjoy a comfy bed, indoor plumbing and a life free from insect invasion.
4. DO YOU ENJOY PLAYING OR WATCHING SPORT? IF SO, WHICH SPORTS?
I used to play in school and college, but don’t do so anymore. Guess I want to protect my brand new titanium knees! I watch soccer and cricket on TV. Have seen a few matches live but don’t enjoy the hassle of going to the game. Sitting comfortably in front of my TV is my idea of catching a game.
5. DO YOUR FRIENDS KNOW ABOUT YOUR BLOG SITE?
Yes, a few of them even follow and comment but not like people here at WordPress. My friend, DrTanya @Salted Caramel has been my guiding light and mentor in this blogosphere. I wrote a thank you post to her : My blogging buddy.
6. WHAT IS YOUR MOST EMBARRASSING MEMORY OR EXPERIENCE?
They are too many to tell. I have always been causing bloopers and getting embarrassed as a result. On one particular occasion, while on my way to Chicago, in my hurry to catch the next flight, I grabbed my bag and was hurrying towards the airline check in counter when a total stranger approached me and asked me to give him back his luggage! You can imagine my embarrassment as I realized that I was rolling away his bag. Luckily, he was a good sort and no hot words were forthcoming. I also found my own ( same color and make!) bag and caught the flight on time.
7. WHICH SONGS WOULD YOU SING IN THE SHOWER WHEN YOU THINK NOBODY CAN HEAR?
I love ( and can sort of sing) a very old childhood favorite, Strawberries, cherries and angels…Summer wine.
8. IS ANYONE ELSE IN YOUR FAMILY A BLOGGER OR VLOGGER?
No one! And I wish that there was because its so much fun and then you can compare notes, but as yet I haven’t been able to conince them to start blogging. Though my son has written a travelog for an online paper.
9. IF YOU WERE BEING A TOURIST FOR A DAY IN LONDON – WHERE WOULD YOU VISIT?
Oh! One day is not enough! I have plans to go to London some day and visit all the places that I have read about. Buckingham Palace, Trafalger Square, The British Museum, Piccadilly circus, Hyde Park , to cite a few places I would love to visit .
10. COULD YOU DESCRIBE YOUR DREAM CAKE?
I love chocolate so it will be a decadent chocote cake with caramel frosting and layered with cream cheese ( to bring a bit of contrast to all that sweetness).
11. DO YOU HAVE A FAVOURITE TV DETECTIVE?
I am stuck. I love Miss Marple and Poirot From Agatha Christy and Of course Sherlock Holmes! But I would go with the BBC’s Sherlock, because it has Benedict Cumberbatch…… I hope that there is a season 5!
I really enjoyed answering the questions by Crushed Caramel. Thanks again.
Now here are my 11 questions:
1. How long have you been blogging?
2. Do your friends and family support you in this?
3. Which is your favorite time of the day?
4. What would be your dream vacation?
5. What genre of movies you like best?
6. What do you wake up to?
7. Are you a morning person?
8. What motivates you?
9. How do you think your friends see you?
10. What would be your idea for saving the environment from pollution ?
11. Happy or peaceful, what is more important to you?
I am nominating these following 11 people for THE SUNSHINE BLOGGER AWARD:
Charmed Chaos http://charmedchaos.com/
The perks of being different http://benkofficial.com/
3. JO HAWK The writer
My Namaste 365 online http://mynamaste365online.blog/
Powered by robots http://poweredbyrobots.com/
Earth Laughs in flowers https://smallbluegreenflowers.wordpress.com/
Heartstring Eulogies https://thesarahdoughty.wordpress.com/
Mercury twin http://mercurytwin.com/
These are the people I picked, but if I could I would pick all of you. Your are all the sunshine which gives me light, hope and energy to go on. Thank you all, my fellow bloggers.